29 July 2007
Actually I intended to make chocolate muffins. But I changed my mind last minute. Will leave the chocolate muffins to next week. Here's the recipe for the Marble Chocolate Cake. Smells and tastes really nice. :)
Ingredients (6 inch round)
116g butter, softened (I use 100g)
116g sugar (I use 100g)
100g eggs, beaten
3g baking powder
a pinch of salt
For the chocolate swirl:
15g cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 170C.
2. Beat butter at medium speed till creamy, add sugar and beat till light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one small portion at a time, whisk well after each addition.
4. Gently fold in sieved flour, baking powder and salt, in 3 batches, making sure no flour gathers, alternating with 2 batches of milk.
5. Pick up a scoop of the mixture into a separate bowl, gently fold in sieved cocoa powder, then the milk.
6. Place both mixtures alternatively into baking tray, tap gently to release any air bubbles, then use a wooden pick to create swirls in the mixture.
7. Bake at 170C for about 20-25 minutes until the top is golden.