Sunday, December 02, 2012

Homemade Soymilk with Joyoung


I got my Joyoung soymilk maker finally, with help from someone who went for a trip to China recently. The model we got is DJ11B-D30D. Actually, I'm still quite confused about all the different models. As long as it can make soymilk, I'm quite satisfied. :)


This model belongs to the 植物奶牛 series, a newer model with latest grinding technology and the soy milk produced is extremely thick and appetizing (a reader told me about this). It has functions like dry beans 干豆, soaked beans 湿豆, grains 五谷, juice 果汁, jam 果酱, milk tea 奶茶 and easy washing 轻松洗. It doesn't have rice paste 米糊 but can use grains 五谷 for this. It also doesn't have cream soup 浓汤. I must find out how I can do it.


Before I got my soymilk maker, I saw this book "十三亿人都在喝的神奇养生豆浆" selling at Popular bookstore with discount for members, so I bought it. I will be referring to this book very frequently for recipes using Joyoung maker.

Here's my Homemade Soymilk 黄豆豆浆 using Joyoung for the first time.

Homemade Soymilk 黄豆豆浆
Anti-oxidant, anti-aging 抗氧化,抗衰老

Ingredients:
80g soybeans
15g sugar

Method:
1. Soak soybean overnight, remove membrane/skin, rinse a few times till clean.
2. Add the soybean into the maker, fill water up to 1000ml mark.
3. Select soaked bean function and start. It takes only 25 minutes.
4. When done, filter the soymilk. Add in 15g sugar, stir till dissolved and serve!

20 comments:

  1. Haha! Do enjoy yourself with this soymilk maker! (: I think soup can also use the "Grains" function bah... Cuz the "植物奶牛" series always like to pack a few functions in one button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shall do more experiments. Thanks for all your tips and recipes. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this! Very thick soya milk right? =)
    Oh ya, I am searching for this book in popular but couldn't find it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, nicer than outside. The okara also nice after cooked. Can't find? I bought quit few weeks ago. Maybe soldout?

      Delete
  3. I just cooked Pumpkin Soup using the "Grains" function for lunch. It turn out really smooth. I was told in the Demo class that we can use "Jam" function for soup as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like homemade soy milk. You mentioned filter the soya. It means filter manually right? I saw a lot of recipes using this kind of maker. Tempted to buy one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, filter manually. There is sieve and a jar provided. The set also contains measuring cup, cloth and brush for washing. It's very easy to use. The okara can be used too. Will share next time.

      Delete
  5. Hai, i also bought the Joyoung soya maker recently but different model ^O^ like this product vy much and thanks for your sharing for the book "十三亿人都在喝的神奇养生豆浆" , i will go to popular and get one ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can find the book. Like this book very much cos it also tells you the health benefits and suitable for what type of illness.

      Delete
  6. Hubby bought the same machine from shanghai two months ago, till now I have not bother to try it out. After you post on how to use it, I shall give it a try! Thanks so much for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, We got the same model? I have been using everyday since I got it. My mum actually. We store lots of soybeans, red beans, black beans, diff rice now. Haha!

      Delete
  7. May I know how much it cost in RMB? Is the price cheaper than in M'sia? If having problem with the m/c, can look for local service or not? Because my sister will go to China on next week, may by I can ask her to buy for me. TQ from Tam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price I think is RMB500+, not too sure. The price have to depend on which model and the size of the maker too. I dunno about Malaysia. We have a Joyoung distributor in Singapore. Maybe can look for them if any problems. We did not check it in China. Only tested it when it's already here. Luckily it works fine!

      Delete
  8. good post…
    giftwithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo will give homemade soymilk a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a joyyoung too, but a rather old model, still quite practical though. Love yours...a lot prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My family used to use this! My grandma likes to strain the product and make buns with the residue, she also made coconut milk with this. It's an incredible machine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi .. Can I know can this model made soup ??

    ReplyDelete