Sunday, July 15, 2007

Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake

15 July 2007

Mmmm... this cake is simply delicious. Thanks for the wonderful recipe from Happy Homebaker.

I didn't do the swirl so my cake looks like a 3 layer chocolate and cheese cake. One problem for this bake: my cake nearly breaks when I overturn the cake tin onto the cooling rack. Then I realize that there are empty spaces between the cheese and chocolate layer. Seems that I did not spread the mixture nicely before baking. The mixture before baking was quite thick, not sure this was correct or not. Maybe I need to "knock" the cake pan lightly to get rid of the spaces between the layers.

But I'm quite satisfied with the results. Not bad for a first try.


7 comments:

  1. hey, your cake looks much better than mine! I didn't do the swirl as well, just pour the cream cheese batter over. I remembered I had a hard time trying to cover up the cream cheese, as I left slightly too little chocolate batter for the top layer! It is really a nice cake, makes me want to bake it again!
    btw, u are not a lousy baker ok, can change to a better name or not ;) I can't even make cream puffs like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no lah, still very lousy. You never see how clumsy I am when I bake.

    You should try the cream puffs. I think you surely do better than me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halo.. this is the 1st time i come across your blog thru Homebaker link.. and i must said, your chocolate cheesecake do look great for beginner.... it's really nice. Jai you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hihi ellena, thanks :) I still got a lot to improve on. U got a nice blog with lots of recipes. I must take my time to read and try out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Don't worry... after a few practise u will be just as good....:) Jai You.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi there, u hv a lovely blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Evan, thanks for visiting my blog :) I visited your blog. Your bakes are so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete