Monday, September 15, 2008

Devil's Cupcakes and A Surprise Reward!

The Devil's Cupcakes


Did these cupcakes quite some time ago as my mother requested me to bake something for her friends. I was scratching head and trying to recall something good enough to let people try. I looked through my archive and saw this Devil's Food Cake. Suddenly remembered that I had tried scooping some out to bake as cupcakes the last time and they tasted very very soft and delicious.


So using the same recipe, I made them into Devil's Cupcakes, topped with chocolate chips ;). When she was back, I received the best feedback ever. I could see she was pretty happy and proud to hear people saying that the cupcakes were good. Sigh... I have probably never done anything great to make her feel proud of me. Very sad.


The Surprise Reward!

It was merely a week since I joined and added the widget from the Foodie BlogRoll. To be honest, I knew this website since a long time ago, but I didn't join it because I find that it slowed down the loading of the websites. But the new widget looks pretty cool and I decided to join in to add some colours to my blog. Weird reason right? Haha! I never knew that because of this simple addition, the readership of my blog increases and I am very surprised to be one of the featured blogs in FFF. FFF means Finest Foodies Friday, which is a weekly Friday post in The Left Over Queen featuring favourites from The Foodie Blogroll. Read here.

It's totally unexpected. I have set up this blog just to record my baking experiences. I have baked some good ones and also numerous unsuccessful attempts. My bakes are not really that outstanding... the photos are very ordinarily taken... my English is poor and I don't write well (I sometimes need to check the dictionary to make sure that I have used a word correctly, blah)... and there are better baking blogs out there who have not had the chance to receive the attention yet.

I would say it's some kind of reward for my persistence in baking and blogging. I'm kind of feeling down lately. It does give me a boost and brighten me up a bit.

19 comments:

  1. Wow...SSB, Congratz on the awards and i must said your hardwork really pays off..... :) Continue to keep the great baking up!!!!! Jia You!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SB,

    Congrats on your achievements, you truly deserve it, honest! Frankly I like your blog - you come across as a genuine, unpretentious and simple person..... who even blogs about your baking failures (admirable!)

    Since my first visit here, it has become part of my orning routine, coffee + SSB + breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Congrats on being featured in "Finest Foodie Friday"! Well Done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi SSB, Congrats!!! You have done well and deserves it :D Although I do not know you in person, but I find that I can easily 'link' with you after reading each of your postings. Looking forward to reading more 'award-winning posts' from you! 加油!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi SSB,

    Congratz being featured in FFF, u truly deserved it. Keep up the good work and continue baking. Gambate :))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ellena for your constant encouragement!

    Thanks skinnymum for understanding me so well. Haha! Really? Hope it makes your day. :)

    Thanks MH! :)

    Thanks HHB! You know, your blog is my favourite blog and I read through each and every post word for word. I hope you can receive plenty of awards too. 加油 too!

    Thanks Elinluv! You are also one who has left plenty of enouragement in my blog. Sorry I did not leave comments in your blog frequently. You know I have always been following your wonderful blog faithfully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi SSB, your devil's cupcakes definitely look good! I felt you're doing really well in your bakes, each of your entry is written sincerely and filled with passion. Do keep it going! Hope your "blues" go away soon :) Cheer up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Elyn for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats to u!!! im sure u must be delighted. ooh....and your devil's cupcakes looks very delicious!!! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, you have an unusual blog layout and I love it! Hope to try this cake recipe. It looks good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi SIG, thanks for visiting my blog! I got this blog template free from eBlogTemplates.com. :)

    Yeah, this recipe is good! Taken from the Devil's Food Cake. Do try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats SSB! You certainly deserves to receive the award. :)

    Your cupcakes looks really devilish good! Thought maybe I could use this recipe for an event. :) How many cupcakes can you yield based on that recipe?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Aimei! Eh, that time I used different sizes cupcake cases, a bit difficult to estimate. I made about 30 over cupcakes, about 5cm diameter size. I think you can reduce the sugar to 300g cos it can be quite sweet. Hope it helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one really sinful yeah? :P
    I may adopt this recipe in my chocolate cupcakes but I think my customer might flip when they know the amount of sugar involved! :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha... yeah, I will always reduce the sugar cos the amount of sugar in the original recipe is really too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hihi SSB, your cupcakes looks great. Which brand or model of oven did you use to do your baking ? i want to get a better oven.. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jessica, I'm just using a secondhand small 16L oven. Brand is Nakada, which I also never heard of. Haha! So I can't advise you on which oven to get. Really sorry about it. Maybe you can ask other baking experts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi SSB, can u give the recipe for devil's food cake? the link can't be open. it only stated that the page I was looking for in this blog doesn't exist.

    ReplyDelete