What is the best food to have when you are feeling down?
Chocolates of course! Chocolate (Wikipedia) contains a variety of substances, some of which act as stimulants. It is said to have 'love chemical' which makes you feel like you have fallen in love and has a mood-elevating effect. Hm...
Here's my treat of Toblerone Ice Cream. Excellent dessert during the hot weather these few days. This is so delicious! Ice-cream making is truly fun! :)
Toblerone Ice Cream (From 冷冻甜品)
3 egg yolks
1 tsp corn flour
170g fresh milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
100g toblerone chocolate (or cooking chocolate)
220g non-dairy whipping cream
50g chocolate chips
1. Beat egg yolks, sugar and corn flour until sugar has dissolved and pale.
2. Add in fresh milk, vanilla essence and toblerone chocolate. Double boil the mixture and stir and cook at low heat until chocolate has melted and slightly thicken. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
3. Whisk non-dairy whipping cream until stiff and fold into the cooled milk mixture.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and mix well.
5. Pour into a container and freeze overnight. Whisk the mixture again until smooth and freeze until set.