I'm becoming very slow in updating my bakes. Better write this post before I forget about it.
This Soft & Spongy Banana Cake was baked last month, recipe from Wen's Delight and very well-rated by many bloggers.
The 2 important steps to making this cake well is:
1. Whisking the eggs and sugar to the right ribbon stage, till thick and stiff.
2. Folding the oil into the batter well. As the oil content is high, have to be careful not to underfold or overfold as it will result in a dense cake.
I'm glad I had done it without many mistakes. The cake was light and spongy. I prefer not to add any essence to my cakes, makes my cakes taste better and natural. Keeping this good recipe!
Soft & Spongy Banana Cake
Ingredients (makes one 8 inch round tin)
200g banana (very ripe, cut into small pieces)
150g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
100g corn oil (or any vegetable oil except olive oil)
1. Preheat oven to 160 degree C.
2. Grease and line tin with baking paper.
3. Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda together. Sieve twice and set aside.
4. Whisk eggs, sugar and sliced bananas at max. speed till stiff/ribbon stage. (For Kenwood Chef - approx 10-13mins)
5. Fold in sifted flour and mix well. (Can use spatular or hand to mix)
6. Add in oil and mix well till batter is shiny and flowing.
7. Pour into baking tin and bake for 40 - 45 minutes.
Recipe adapted from: Wen's Delight - full recipe or half recipe, and a step-by-step slideshow.