Sunday, March 22, 2009

Melting Moments

Melting Moments! One of the most famous cookies that everyone loves to eat. It is supposed to melt-in-the-mouth and I guess that's why it's named Melting Moments.

This CNY, we bought some homemade cookies from Malaysia and one of them was the melt-in-the-mouth kind and it tasted so good! As it was not labeled, I'm not really sure if it's the Melting Moments cookies that I've been wanting to try.


I'm determined to make these some day and I finally found one recipe from Sweet Decadenze. I tried to duplicate the cookies that we had bought, piping little flowery shapes and putting a chcocolate chip on top. My piping skill is horrible! Every cookie comes in different sizes, shapes, thickness, heights, plus I wasn't using the real piping tools (I just fold my own piping bag). Hehe!

The cookies are great! Melts-in-the-mouth kind. Mine is a little crunchy at first bite. Perhaps I overbaked a little. Those we bought were better. But nobody complains! Another cookie to be baked for next CNY. Who wants? :)

13 comments:

  1. wow.. seems like everyone making cookies recently. Your cookies look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your melting moments cookies look lovely! And I think the chocolate chip on top compliment the cookie well too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi SSB,
    Your cookies looks nice and I am surprise you used folded paper and the outcome of the cookies looks like those bought ones! Kudos to you. The shape are nice. I am not good when it comes to piping even my buns looks out of shape :P

    Regards,
    Elin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Fanny! :)

    Thanks Elin! But it was a huge mess! I'm going to get some piping bags and maybe a coupler to make piping easier (I'm not even sure how to use it). Piped cookies are so fun to do and faster than the cut/drop cookies. Hehe! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so cute, such a nice treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks wiffy and snooky doodle! Try it out, it's very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM! YUM!.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your blog.. how to follow you... ??

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi SSB,

    your cookies looks lovely.. must be yummy and i like it when it melts in my mouth.

    i tried to click on the link of this recipe but there's an error. do you mind to post the recipe?

    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, sorry, I made a mistake in the link. I have posted the correct link in my post. Have fun baking! :)

    ReplyDelete