Saturday, March 07, 2009

Gift from a special friend

This post has been kept as draft for 2 months! I received a gift from a special friend on the 2nd day of 2009. It is the Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract, the best vanilla ingredient to make perfect vanilla cakes and desserts. Every baker dreams to own this!


Apologies! I have been baking CNY Cookies during January and busy with eating them during February that I haven't been able to bake much. I hope to look for recipes like a pure vanilla cake or pure vanilla desserts to taste the real vanilla in it. :)


Come back to these muffins. I got this Muffins Galore book from the library last week and tried this Vanilla Chocolate Chip Muffins, the very first recipe in this book. The muffins smell and taste very good! Maybe it's the Vanilla Extract :P. I'm eager to try out more recipes from this book.

To my special friend, you know who you are. I really appreciate the efforts and thoughts that come with the present. Thanks for the wonderful gift and let me understand the joy of giving and sharing. It's my best gift ever! :)

17 comments:

  1. Hi SSB,
    I can understand your joy of receiving this vanilla extract! I had to buy them myself to use. Ever since I use this vanilla extract, I've not looked at any vanilla essence anymore. Despite this being pretty expensive, but it's really worth the investment! I'm also left with one bottle, time to stock up again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I will not use any vanilla essence from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... SSB, it's so sweet of your friends to share with you this gifts to enhance you with the finest baking ingredients...... :) Hope to see more posts of you using that.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really good vanilla extract. Yous muffins must be very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky of you to owe this bottle, and how sweet of your friend. The muffins look great ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I must make good use of this precious vanilla extract, must not disappoint my special friend. Hehe!

    Hi family first, it's available at Shermay's Cooking School in Singapore. But I'm not sure about Malaysia. Maybe you can find out from friends in Malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just reading your post I can imagine the wonderful aroma of the vanilla extract from your muffins!! I would love to have the extract if I can get it from Malaysia :))

    Looking forward to more bakes from you. Btw, homemade vanilla ice cream using this extract would be excellent :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elin, I hope you can get it from Malaysia. Yes! I'm thinking of making vanilla ice cream too! Hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, these look really really good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    i bought the Madagascar's Vanilla bean online from Ebay, that's really expensive and cost me about USD26.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been using this same vanila extract to bake cookies, and they taste really good. Yesterday, I made a batch of wholemeal cookies, as the dough was a litte too soft, I used my hands to knead it a little, and my hands smell of vanilla the entire afternoon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Tastes of Home!

    Hi 仙之樂園, thanks for telling our Malaysian friends about this. Ya, it's really expensive. Luckily, it's quite a huge bottle, can last me for quite long. :)

    HHB, agree! I used it on my cny cookies already. :) First time using it on cakes. And the aroma was filling the whole house even though it was only half baked in the oven. It really makes the difference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also recently bought a bottle of this vanilla extract, and I must agree it's worth eveery cents! What's more, it comes in much bigger bottle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Aimei, yes, it's a large bottle. Can last me for quite a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. SSB,

    So sweet of ur friend, this is the vanilla exact I love to have but it's a bit pricy....hope can get someone to buy from US, it should be selling cheaper there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, it's definitely pricy, but totally worth. Of course, it will be good if you can get someone to get it from US for you. ;P

    ReplyDelete