Monday, August 06, 2007

Chocolate Muffins

5 August 2007

As according to my plan, I make the chocolate muffins today. :) The baking process is getting smoother. Probably because I'm practising almost every week. Another reason is because the procedure for this chocolate muffins is quite similar to the Marble chocolate cake I made last week.

As a beginner to baking, I'm only trying recipes that uses simple ingredients. I try to avoid buying ingredients that I think I might use only once, then leave it aside and waste the money. As for baking equipments, I only have a small oven, a small mixer, one 8 inch square tin, one 6 inch round tin and a small cupcake tray. It's not that difficult to start baking after all. Of course, there are many limitations to what I can bake, so along the way, I guess I will be buying more and more equipments and ingredients :D

Here's the recipe for the Chocolate Muffins.

Ingredients (12 small muffins)
100g butter, softened
100g sugar
2 eggs, beaten
50g milk
120g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
20g cocoa powder
100g chocolate, cut into small pieces (I omit this)
60g nuts (I omit this)
1 tsp chocolate emulco (I omit this)
extra nuts for topping (optional)

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Beat butter at medium speed till creamy, add sugar and beat till light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one small portion at a time, whisk well after each addition.
4. Add milk and mix well.
5. Gently fold in sieved flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, chocolate pieces, nuts and chocolate emulco. Do not overmix.
6. Fill into the paper cups until 8/10 full.
7. Bake at 180C for about 20 minutes.