Thursday, August 09, 2007

Junior Pikelets

9 August 2007

This is my National Day breakfast. I have no bread to eat for breakfast today. With 1 egg left in the fridge and some leftover milk, I made my own breakfast (which is very rare as usually I eat bread) :).

This is not my first time making pancakes, but I used to make it using ready pancake-mix. So it's the first time I'm making using flour, egg and milk.

Oh yes, pikelets are pancakes. I was wondering until I check the Wikipedia. ;p

Ingredients (20pcs, 5-6cm)
125g self-raising flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 egg
125ml milk
2 tsp oil

Method
1. Sift the flour and soda together into a bowl. Stir in the sugar.
2. Make a well in the centre and whisk in the combined egg, milk and oil to make a smooth batter.
3. Heat and lightly greased a frying pan. Drop a spoon of the batter into the pan and cook until bubbles form. Turn and cook the other side until golden brown.