Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Nephew's Birthday

29 August 2007


This post came a bit late as I was waiting for my nephew's birthday cake to come. Today is his 3-year-old birthday and this "Construction Site" cake is ordered specially for him as we know that he is very obssessed about big trucks nowadays. The cake is from PrimaDeli and I find the cake quite nice and not too sweet.

Besides that, I also made some Chocolate Muffins for the celebration of his birthday at his playgroup. I just spread some Nutella on top and then put a letter on each muffin using his favourite "ABC biscuit". Not very creative but it's the best I can do now. Haha... My sis told me that luckily I did not try to put decorations for the muffins cos some of the kids in the playgroup did not finish the cake and the teachers had to throw them all away...


Lastly, I also made some cream puffs last week. It wasn't quite successful as I added too little eggs in the beginning and the puffs did not rise and expand a lot. I added more eggs later to make the batter smoother and the result was more satisfactory. Now I understand how important it is to get the right consistency when adding eggs and how it will affect the result of the cream puffs.