Thursday, May 26, 2011

Aspiring Bakers #7: Chocolate Chip Cookies

A brand new start for my baking journey. I'm slowly picking up speed and baking more often than before.

I have not baked any cookies (except for cny) for a long time. As my packet of chocolate chips is dangerously near the expiry date, the chocolate theme for Aspiring Bakers come at the right time.


As I'm quite a fan of Chinese baking books, one of them is 孟老师, I almost feel like baking every single recipe in her book. No, I'm not aspiring to be another Julie (from Julie and Julia). So this is the chocolate chips cookies from her book 孟老师的100道手工饼干. Taste good for home-bake cookies. Crunchiness 7/10. Still looking for the Famous Amos cookies. I remember I bookmark a chinese website for FA cookies recipe before but can't seem to find it. I have too many bookmarked recipes. ;p


Chocolate Chip Cookies 巧克力豆饼干

Ingredients (makes 28 pieces)

100g unsalted butter, soften at room temperature
50g sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
45g egg, lightly beaten
150g cake flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
80g chocolate chips

Method

1. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract until well-mixed.
2. Slowly drizzle in the egg, beat till fluffy.
3. Sift in cake flour and baking powder and fold in till well-mixed.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Drop small teaspoons of dough (about 15g each, 2cm diameter) on baking tray.
6. Bake in pre-heated oven at 170 deg C (top rack) for 20-25 minutes.
(Off the oven, leave the cookies in the oven for another 10 minutes for crispier cookies.)

Recipe adapted from: 孟老师的100道手工饼干

I am submitting this Chocolate Chip Cookies to Aspiring Bakers #7: Chocolate Delight (May 2011), hosted by Doris of Tested & Tasted.

23 comments:

  1. Simply irresistible..They were perfect..Thanks for sharing dear..

    ReplyDelete
  2. im also looking for FA alike cookies (: yours look so delicious and crunchy! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my kid all time favourite, must make some for them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so inviting. Yummy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. who can resist choco chip cookies .... yours look very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these cookies are so inviting SSB! they're saying...eat me, eat me :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love cookies! and this ones looks amaizing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah ha, me too! I always bookmark too many of the same thing and sometimes end up using the 'wrong' recipe! But 孟老师's recipes really works well and are quite fail proof.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks really crunchy! 孟老师's recipes are really very reliable yeah? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cookies look fantastic! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pardon me for being too silly are 孟老师's recipes all in chinese or biligual. I am very bad in my chinese language. Most of the time, i use the guessing game.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Muimui: 孟老师's recipes are all in Chinese. If u need any help, can let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks yummy....you have a lovely blog...I am having a giveaway in my blog..Y dont you check and join that
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/2011/05/chocolate-recipe-and-chocolate.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooohh, this look very crunchy!! My son will love it.nthanks fornsharing! And I am looking forward to make cookies for this month's aspiring baker#7!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cookies looks crunchy and lip smacking. I think most Asian like crunchy cookies to chewy ones like my Quay Lo. He is a big fan of chocolate chips cookies but he wants the chewy ones:D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, your recipes look delicious. I definitly will be trying the non-bake oreo cheese cake below.

    All the best,
    Voe.
    _______________________________
    http://pearlwhisk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, these cookies look so yummy! I'm following u now & hope u'll do the same. Looking fwd to sharing our food journey!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what butter do u actually use for your baking??

    ReplyDelete
  19. ying: I usually use SCS butter. Sometimes also get butter from Phoon Huat which is cheaper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi, may i know 45g of eggs is equal to how many egg? and normally how would you measure it.
    thanks n looking forward from your reply.
    Rgds: Justina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Justina, depends on the size of the egg you use. 45g egg is without shell. You can crack 1 egg, beat it lightly. Then weigh the amount of egg you need. Leftover can be used for cooking. :)

      Delete
  21. thank you SSB!! i just try ur marble german cookies..and turn out to be very good,every1 love it!! well im going to try this choc chips for this coming halloween party, hope its good too!

    Rgds, Justina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. German cookies are very popular! Hope u like this chocolate chips cookies as well.

      Delete