Friday, March 15, 2013

8 December 2012 - Legoland Malaysia (Part 2)

To continue from my previous post of my trip to Legoland Malaysia (Part 1), this Part 2 is all about MINILAND! I recommend you to save some time (maybe around 1 hour at least) for Miniland. It took 3 years and more than 30 million LEGO® bricks to recreate some of Asia’s best known landmarks from 17 Asian countries in detailed miniature. Best of all, some of the Lego structures are animated! Do take a closer look at them, there are some very interesting scenes and figures if you have a sharp eye for details.

Singapore

As a Singaporean, I, of course, love the all the familiar landmarks all created with the Lego bricks. It is really amazing as they are built so real and exactly the same!

One of my favourite is the Singapore Flyer. It is turning!


Another favourite is our Singapore's Merlion with the Fullerton Hotel.


Riverside Point and Singapore River.




How I wish they can create the whole of Marina Bay, including Marina Bay Sands and Gardens by the Bay!

Malaysia

A fairly large part of the Miniland is dedicated to famous landmarks in Johor, Putrajaya and Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, of course!

Petronas Twin Towers


KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport)


Sultan Abdul Samad Building


Old Railway Station


Shophouses


Port Tanjung Pelepas, Johor



Asia

Landmarks from other Asian countries. Excuse me for not being able to identify all the landmarks as I'm not so well-travelled. I think I missed Vietnam.

Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn), Thailand


Angkor Wat, Cambodia


Tanah Lot Temple, Bali


Taj Mahal, India


Forbidden City and the Great Wall of China


Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque, Brunei


Bolinao, Philippines


Karaweik Hall, Myanmar


Patuxai, Laos


***

If you go during weekends, school holidays or public holidays, when the opening hours is extended to 8pm and if you go by your own transport, I suggest you can stay later until the lights are on. The Miniland will be illuminated with lights and I think it will be a very wonderful experience. I did not have the chance!