So here's a Christmas Chocolate Chiffon Cake in support of this month's Aspiring Bakers. Not sure if this can be considered creative, but hey, it's homemade and taste super soft and fluffy.
The excess batter is made into cupcakes.
The chocolate chiffon cake recipe is from Noms I Must and Sweets and Loves, both taken from Keiko Ishida's Okashi: sweet treats made with love.
Christmas Chocolate Chiffon Cake
Ingredients (makes one 20cm chiffon tin)
5 egg yolks
60g vegetable oil
50g cake flour
30g cocoa powder
5 egg whites
10g corn flour
1. Whisk egg yolks and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
2. Gradually add in vegetable oil, followed by water.
3. Sift cake flour and cocoa powder twice and add into egg yolk mixture. Mix until just combined. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy. Add in combined sugar and corn flour mixture gradually and continue whisking until stiff peak form.
5. Gently fold in the egg white into the egg yolk batter (in step 3) in 3 batches.
6. Pour the batter into an ungreased chiffon tin. Give the tin a few slight knocks on the tabletop to remove air bubbles. Bake in preheated oven at 170 deg C for 40 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and invert the tin immediately onto a cooling rack.
8. Unmould the cake only when it is completely cool.
Make Butter Ganache and spread onto the chiffon cake. Add on Christmas decorations.
Recipe from: Okashi: sweet treats made with love
I am submitting this Christmas Chocolate Chiffon Cake to Aspiring Bakers #14: Creative Christmas Bakes (December 2011), hosted by Hankerie.
~~ Thanks to Miss Tam Chiak ~~
I participated in Miss Tam Chiak's recipe-calender giveaway and received this very special calender that features 12 innovative and interesting recipes developed by Chef Eric Teo, using Yit Hong products. Going to place this on my desk. Thanks to Maureen for the lovely Christmas card!
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!
Ho Ho Ho!
Sorry, haven't been leaving comments on everyone's blog lately, hope everyone still remember me. Will be visiting your homes these two days. :)