I shall keep this post simple.
This is a simple marble cake recipe taken from 孟老师的100道小蛋糕. It is derived from the original pound cake recipe which uses 1 pound of butter, 1 pound of sugar, 1 pound of eggs, and 1 pound of flour. For healthy reasons, the sugar amount is reduced. It came out a bit dry, but tasted better on the second day. I thought the recipe should add some milk to make the cake moist. This is one recipe from 孟老师 that falls short of expectation.
Marble Cake 大理石蛋糕
Ingredients (makes 18cm x 8cm x 6cm cake loaf)
100g unsalted butter
70g castor sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
100g eggs, lightly beaten
100g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
10g cocoa powder
1. Line the loaf tin with baking paper and lightly grease it to prevent sticking.
2. Soften the butter at room temperature. Add in sugar and whisk until light and creamy.
3. Slowly whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract until well-mixed.
4. Add in sifted flour and baking powder. Mix well with a spatula.
5. Scoop up 150g of the batter in step 4 into another mixing bowl. Sift in baking soda and cocoa powder. Mix well to make chocolate batter.
6. Pour the plain batter into the loaf tin first. Then spread the chocolate batter on top of the plain batter. Lightly swirl the batter with a spatula to make marble patterns.
7. Bake at preheated oven at 180 deg C for 30-35 minutes.
Recipe from: 孟老师的100道小蛋糕
Note: Written above is the original recipe from the book. Any adaptation is written in brackets ().