Sunday, July 11, 2010

A cheque from Nuffnang

Last week, I got a pleasant surprise in my mailbox. I receive my 1st earning from blogging - a cheque from Nuffnang, with a payment of S$186.72!

For those who do not know, Nuffnang is Asia-Pacific’s first and leading blog advertising community based in Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and Australia. They provide an online platform that allows advertisers to place advertisements onto more than 100,000 blogs. As a blogger, all you need to do is to register an account with them and place ad units onto your blog and sit and wait for earnings to run in. Oops, no, you still need to continue blogging for good payment. :)


Of course, I don't blog to earn money. I place Google ads too. They are just for fun. I never really pay attention or login to check how much money I have earned. I don't remember when I join Nuffnang. From the payment history, I got my 1st payment from an ad placed on my blog from 19 Oct to 25 Oct 2008 and the payment was only S$0.20. I have no idea that it has accumulated to this much. (Actually you just need to earn S$50 to cashout your payment.) I think it is a very good amount considering that I did not expect any earnings at all :) I have an excuse to get baking stuffs with this money. Thanks to Nuffnang!

***

On the other hand, I'm getting curious. I'm sure many of you place these ads on your blog too, if you own one. But I have never seen anyone blog that they do earn some amount from it. Maybe I too boring so I decide to write about it.

Can I do a little survey here? Telling me like, do you place any ads in your blog, any payment receive yet, and the website that you join (e.g. Nuffnang). Leave your comment to share. I'm sure it will benefit all bloggers here. Thank you!

26 comments:

  1. I didn't register at nuffnang...never know how to do it. But I did for Foodbuzz, so far just got about few dollars from them..hahahahha...we don't blog for money, just for fun..so, I just use that money to buy a cup kopi for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SSB, congrats for ur earning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've Nuffnang,Google and Amazon ads on my blog. There is some small earnings from Google, but not enough to warrant payment from them yet, ha, ha! I blog for fun too but if we can earn some income from ads, why not? At least it can help to subsidise some baking materials and ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..this is a good amt leh... as you are only placing 1 adv for them along with other googles adv :) This amt is for a month? Or?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy, I didn't know can earn from Foodbuzz too. You should join Nuffnang, I'm sure you will get better payouts since you are really active in blogging, unlike me. :)

    Thanks Jess, yeah, can spending the money on baking books and tools. Hehe!

    Hi Cheah, I have Google too, it's not earning much, maybe I dunno how to optimize it and I'm also too lazy, never blog regularly. Just added Amazon ads too, no earnings yet. I agree! More excuse to get baking materials and ingredients! :)

    Hi Ellena, paiseh, this earning is accumulated since 2008. Took about 1.5 years to get this amount. I'm sure the earnings will be better for more active bloggers like you with more readers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No leh SSB... lolz... my earning was miserable peanut too... not like those famous bloggers can go fr hundred to thousand per month lolz...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please don't say that. We are not like those bloggers. We blog for interest, not for the money. Baking will no longer be fun if it's all for the money. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi SSB, I have some awards for you, feel free to pick them up from my blog :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. feels good to get paid, doesn't it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jess, thanks for the award!

    Hi Made2order, yes it's my first time. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have just joined nuffnang about two weeks ago but don't know much about the payment. Will wait and see ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anncoo, good to know that you join. I'm sure you don't have to wait so long for your 1st payment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! It's good to know you have earned for your efforts but most important is doing what you have passion for! :) Feel free to visit my blog. I have been inconsistent blogging but just started again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks mysimplefood! I'm not consistent in blogging too. Don't worry, I have always been following your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't it nice to get some pocket money from our blog... I am still accumulating :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Shirley, yes, feels great! I'm sure you will get your payment very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow i didnt know theres such a thing! im def going in to see if i can also get some cash out of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never thought of placing ads in my blog and might not be doing it.

    Anyway, nice post. Very informative.

    Cheers crystal

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Missy, try it and hope you can receive some cash soon. :)

    Thanks crystal, I like to visit your blog for vegetarian dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I joined Foodbuzz and when I first got my USD50 I was grinning from eye to eye. That was about a year and a half ago. Since then the earnings have dropped to about USD30 a month. Sigh, not enough to buy my monthly supplies of baking ingredients. But like you guys, I blog for fun - not for $.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, earned money ... congrats .... I also want $ to buy my baking things and my kids stuff ... but I blog less than you and so little pp come to my blog ... wun make it one hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jo, thanks for sharing with us. I haven't joined Foodbuzz yet. USD30 is good enough to get some baking supplies. :)

    Hi Sherlyn, I'm also blogging less and less. I don't know when I will get my next payment. Maybe another 1 year. Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi SSB, I hv following your blog for quite some time. congrats for your earnings!
    So far, my nuffang earnings only stands at S$1.07. hahaha ... anyway, like all above bloggers who have mentioned, we blog for interest not for "lui" $$ ...

    Rgds
    Esther
    Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Esther, I have been following your blog too, silently. :) I don't leave a lot of comments nowadays cos too many blogs to read and no time to leave comments. ;)

    Don't worry, I'm sure you can get more earnings by blogging more and leaving more comments so that more people will visit your blog. Jiayou!

    ReplyDelete
  25. http://coffeeluvs.blogspot.com/2012/03/payout-from-nuffnang.html

    I got!!

    ReplyDelete