Although I have been missing from blogging for quite some time, my interest for baking is still there. Whenever I go to the library or bookstores, I will go straight to the cooking and baking books section.
Few months ago, I got hold of this popular book 《孟老师的下午茶》. Have bookmarked some of the recipes and waiting to try them out when there is a chance for me to play in the kitchen. Last week I use this recipe to make the Brownie Pizza for a mini school holiday party.
Here's the recipe that I promise to post up.
Ingredients (makes one 20 x 20cm square tray)
150g unsalted butter
100g caster sugar (I use 90g)
20g cocoa powder
150g bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (I use Van Houten semisweet chocolate)
3 eggs (~60g each)
150g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
60g chopped walnuts (I omit this)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 deg C. Line and grease the baking tray.
2. Cut the semisweet chocolate into small pieces and melt them in a small mixing bowl placed over a pot of simmering water.
3. Sift the cake flour, baking powder and baking soda together and set aside.
4. Heat unsalted butter and caster sugar in a large mixing bowl placed over a pot of simmering water until the butter has melted.
5. Remove from heat and while the mixture is still hot, add in cocoa powder and the melted chocolate in step 2. Whisk until well-mixed.
6. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
7. Stir in 1/3 of the sifted flours in step 3 and milk, mix well.
8. Finally, add in the rest of the flours and mix well.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared tray, sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top and bake for 20 minutes*, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with a few moist clumps clinging to it. Do not overbake.
Recipe from: 孟老师的下午茶
* To make Brownie Pizza:
1. Divide the batter into pizza pans or disposable shallow aluminium-foiled trays and bake each for about 10 minutes (adjust the timing according to the size of your trays).
2. After the brownies have cooled down, sprinkle with candies of your own choice (M&M's, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, chopped nuts, etc). Drizzle with melted chocolate.
Recipe from: Wilton Brownie Fun