Sunday, February 14, 2010
Gong Xi Gong Xi + Happy Valentine's Day
This year's Lunar New Year and Valentine's Day falls on the same day!
Which one are you celebrating? Are you visiting relatives or spending time with your love one?
Sorry I wasn't able to post up this recipe until now. I finally manage to dig out this recipe. :)
Recipe updated on 24 Jan 2011.
Cheesy Heart Cookies (original recipe is Cheese Stars)
360g plain flour
2 tsp chicken bouilion powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
250g grated cheddar cheese
1/2 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 egg, lightly beaten with a pinch of salt
1. Put sifted flour mixture into a mixing bowl. Rub butter into flour mixture till it resembles bread crumb.
2. Add 3/4 portion of grated cheese and mix well.
3. Add egg and mix it into a stiff dough. Cover and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Roll dough into 3mm thick and cut out cheese hearts using a shaped cookie cutter.
5. Place the cheese hearts onto a greased baking tray. Glaze with beaten egg and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 grated cheese on top of the cheese hearts.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for about 15-20 minutes till golden brown.
7. Remove and leave to cool before storing.
Recipe from: "I Can Bake" by Agnes Chang