Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gong Xi Gong Xi + Happy Valentine's Day



This year's Lunar New Year and Valentine's Day falls on the same day!
Which one are you celebrating? Are you visiting relatives or spending time with your love one?

Sorry I wasn't able to post up this recipe until now. I finally manage to dig out this recipe. :)
Recipe updated on 24 Jan 2011.

Cheesy Heart Cookies (original recipe is Cheese Stars)

Ingredients

(A) sifted
360g plain flour
2 tsp chicken bouilion powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp chilli powder (optional)

(B)
200g butter/margarine
250g grated cheddar cheese
1/2 egg, lightly beaten

Glazing:
1/2 egg, lightly beaten with a pinch of salt

Method
1. Put sifted flour mixture into a mixing bowl. Rub butter into flour mixture till it resembles bread crumb.
2. Add 3/4 portion of grated cheese and mix well.
3. Add egg and mix it into a stiff dough. Cover and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Roll dough into 3mm thick and cut out cheese hearts using a shaped cookie cutter.
5. Place the cheese hearts onto a greased baking tray. Glaze with beaten egg and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 grated cheese on top of the cheese hearts.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for about 15-20 minutes till golden brown.
7. Remove and leave to cool before storing.

Recipe from: "I Can Bake" by Agnes Chang

19 comments:

  1. 祝愿你新的一年身体健康, 工作顺利, 虎年快乐, 万事如意!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Your cookies look so sweet and lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Gong Xi Fa Cai!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Lunar New Year & Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi SSB,
    You have such a lovely and delicious blog, and so I have a gift award for you , pls drop by and collect them at your convenience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, can i have the recipe for the cheesy hearts pleaseeee? dazzlingstars@gmail.com thanks(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!!
    I'd really like to try your cheesy hearts cookies for this coming hari raya..Can i have the recipe pls...? Thanks!
    u can email me here:
    rastachic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sri, unfortunately my copy of this recipe was kept in my pc that is not working fine now. If you really want this recipe, it is taken from the book "I Can Bake" by Agnes Chang. You can find this book at the Chinese cookbook section at the Popular book store. It's in both English and Chinese. Hope it helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sri, just in case you need the chinese words for this book.
    Author: 蓝赛珍
    Title: 我会烘焙

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    Wow, yr cheesy heart cookies looks good..
    dun mind if i hv the recipes.
    like to hv it for my BF's bday.. thanks!!
    email - nicole0908@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi nicole,

    So sorry, as I have replied to Sri as above, I don't have the recipe now.

    This recipe is taken from the book "I Can Bake" by Agnes Chang. You can find this book at the Chinese cookbook section at the Popular book store.

    Author: 蓝赛珍
    Title: 我会烘焙

    You can just flip through and take down the recipe. I think it's called cheesy stars, I have used heart-shaped cutters instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!

    I have been ur silent reader for the past few months

    Ive linked your blog to mine - hope u dun mind

    Tried ur devil food cake - its superb!

    Now mood for baking cookies for CNY is building up - plan to try your cashew nut cookies and pineapple tart and also this cheesy cookies

    Can i know where i can find the recipe book I Can Bake by Agnes Chang?

    Thks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so sorry I just realized u did mention in the previous post that the book can be found at Popular bookstore - blur me never read first hehe...

    Thks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Alice! I should find the recipe and type it out someday. :)

    Hope you will join my Aspiring Bakers event for the CNY cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi, thks! :)
    yes, keen in joining the event :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,
    Your cookies look great! can u please send me the recipe so i could bake for my mother.. please...
    my email address is maeteo0310@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete