Sunday, September 29, 2013

Chiffon Cake #19: Chocolate & Pandan 双色巧克力斑兰戚风蛋糕

Hihi, here's another chiffon cake that I bake recently. Sorry I have to skip my chiffon cakes series from #13 to #19 first because I want to support the Pandan theme hosted by Joceline that is going to end this month. :)



Chiffon Cake #19: Chocolate & Pandan 双色巧克力斑兰戚风蛋糕

17cm chiffon tin:

4 egg yolks
16g sugar
40g vegetable oil

Mix the above and divide batter into 2 portions.
Using homegrown pandan leaves

For pandan flavour, add:
28g concentrated pandan juice
(I blend 12 pandan leaves in some water, let the mixture stand for few hours and use the bottom layer)
32g cake flour

For chocolate flavour, add:
28g water
22g cake flour
10g cocoa powder

4 egg whites
70g sugar
8g corn flour

Whip the egg whites to stiff peak. Divide into 2 equal portions and add to the pandan and chocolate batter.

Bake 170 deg C, 35 minutes

Recipe adapted from: Okashi: sweet treats made with love


I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up September - Pandan hosted by Joceline @ Butter, Flour & Me, organized by Zoe@ Bake For Happy Kids and Mui Mui @ My Little Favourites DIY.