Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Double Chocolate Mint Cookies

It's been a long time since I have baked some chocolate cookies. Have been "blog-hopping" around for some recipes until I found this Double Chocolate Mint Cookies from Kitchen Capers. It's interesting to know that the Polo sweets that we eat can be used to make cookies.

I bought 2 tubes of Polo sweets, sort of in a hurry. To my surprise, I got a tube which is flavoured! To those who know me, I'm not a sweets person. I hardly eat any sweets and I can't remember when was the last time I had eaten Polo. I guess I'm too far behind time, Polo mints are actually flavoured now!!


Left with only 1 tube of Polo, I wasn't expecting too much mint flavour this time. Truly, there was hardly any mint flavour in the cookies. As I chopped the Polo sweets coarsely, you can only taste it when there's bits of crushed Polo here and there.


All of a sudden, I was in a very giving mood, and decided to pack one box to give away to my friend and my neighbour with 2 little boys. Just left only a few for myself to test-taste. The kids love it very much!