Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Double Chocolate Mint Cookies

It's been a long time since I have baked some chocolate cookies. Have been "blog-hopping" around for some recipes until I found this Double Chocolate Mint Cookies from Kitchen Capers. It's interesting to know that the Polo sweets that we eat can be used to make cookies.

I bought 2 tubes of Polo sweets, sort of in a hurry. To my surprise, I got a tube which is flavoured! To those who know me, I'm not a sweets person. I hardly eat any sweets and I can't remember when was the last time I had eaten Polo. I guess I'm too far behind time, Polo mints are actually flavoured now!!


Left with only 1 tube of Polo, I wasn't expecting too much mint flavour this time. Truly, there was hardly any mint flavour in the cookies. As I chopped the Polo sweets coarsely, you can only taste it when there's bits of crushed Polo here and there.


All of a sudden, I was in a very giving mood, and decided to pack one box to give away to my friend and my neighbour with 2 little boys. Just left only a few for myself to test-taste. The kids love it very much!

6 comments:

  1. i have bookmarked this recipe for ages, but never got to baking it yet. do you like it? was it too sweet? crunchy or chewy type?

    i apologise in advance for my questions....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi skinnymum, it's not very sweet, just nice for me. It's crunchy on the outside and chewy inside. I cut short the baking time to less than 15 min as I wasn't very experienced in baking chocolate cookies and find it hard to gauge when it is done cos chocolate cookies are darker. I think it could have been crunchier if I bake a little longer. It's quite nice actually, but the mint taste is not strong enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy cookies. I like crunchy cookies. I shall try this soon. Hope this is the crunchy type. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi grace, I like crunchy cookies too. I felt this is not very crunchy. Maybe I didn't do it well. Will like to see your results if you try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lillymarie from england and loves teen mates and i love to bake22 December 2011 03:19

    i know i love the fruit flavoured ones and ive made the cookies they are not too sweet but still amazingly delightfull. all my teen mates love em lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lillymarie: I'm happy to hear that. Wish you a Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete