Friday, May 29, 2009

Mango Yoghurt Ice Cream (Eggless)

Solve this problem: Hot weather + Cheap mangoes = ?
The answer is: Mango Ice Cream!

The mangoes are really cheap these days. My mother happened to buy mangoes at a cheap price of $2.40 for 3. So I "steal" some mangoes over to make the Mango Yoghurt Ice Cream adapted from Aunty Yochana's Strawberry Yoghurt Ice Cream.


Few weeks ago, my poor nephew had to stay in the hospital for 3 days because of diarrhoea. His stools were tested and Salmonella bacteria was found. We had no idea how he got contacted with it. But that surely prompt us to take extra care of the food that we gave him, whether at home or outside food. As Salmonella can come from raw eggs, I have decided not to use any ice cream recipes that use eggs. I just want to be safe cos he loves to eat the ice creams that I make.

Come back to this ice cream again. It is EGGLESS! So it's safe for children and anyone who is allergic to eggs. The best thing is, it is SO DELICIOUS! Everyone gives two thumbs up for it. To make sure that I keep this recipe properly and permanently, I make another recipe card for it.

Click on picture to enlarge.