Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Milo Chocolate Chip Muffins

At times, when you don't feel like baking anything complicated or trying something new or attempting a recipe that you have already failed several times, making muffins is the best choice.

I try out the Milo Chocolate Chip Muffin by Cooking Crave. I can't help adding this to my to-do list cos they look so yummy from the photos. She has modified HHB's recipe by reducing the sugar and chocolate chips.


It is only after trying out these delicious muffins then I realize the taste seems to be a bit familiar. No wonder! I had baked these muffins before, back in 2007 when I had just started baking (see picture below). It was my first batch of muffins! How forgetful I am, falling for the same recipe twice, unintentionally. Proves that this recipe is too good to be missed! And you notice how different the two batches of muffins looks, even though they were done by the same person. It looks like the muffins have just gone through a "makeover"! ^_^

11 comments:

  1. Wow,..lovely muffins there ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! your muffins are so much prettier (tastier too, i am sure) now - tremendous improvement, "lah"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Milo muffins! That's must be very tasty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi tintin, skinnymum, grace,

    Thanks for the compliments! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI SSB, I always believe that practise makes perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so gorgeous and I like the idea of adding milo powder. Bookmarking the recipe too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks HHB, I believe I still need more practice, not yet perfect. :)

    Hi Wiffy, do try it. Just remember not to overmix the batter when making muffins. Look forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, did I miss your blog for that long? So many post to catch up. Both pictures show perfect muffins, just that one has less chips shown.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sherlyn, that was one of my earlier bakes, not very good at baking yet. :) You have to drop by more often liao. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI !
    Can i ask why does my muffin turns out hard ? (Sort of like biscuits)And how i apply the 'rub-in' method ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, first of all, you must make sure that your ingredients are measured correctly. Secondly, add the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, and not the other way round.

    The other important tip is NEVER overmix the batter so that the muffins do not turn out tough. You should stop stirring once the last traces of flour has disappeared. Don't be tempted to give it a few more stirs.

    As for the rub-in method, you can follow this video.

    http://pineapple-tarts.blogspot.com/2007/08/rubbing-butter-in-flour.html

    ReplyDelete