Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

11 May 2008


Wanted to make something very nice for her on Mother's Day. But as I'm clueless about decorating a cake, I don't think I can come out with any nice decorated cakes. Luckily I found a "good solution" from HHB's blog. She used the sponge fingers to cover the sides of the cake and decorated the top of the cake with fruits. I think it's the best choice for this year's Mother's Day cake.


Method:
1. Bake a sponge cake using HHB's sponge cake recipe. Slice the cake horizontally into 3 layers.
2. Spread the whipped cream between the layers and the top and sides of the cake.
3. Slice the sponge fingers to a suitable length and place around the sides of the cake.
4. Decorate the top of the cake with peach slices.


Although I didn't say this in front of her, I hope she knows it in her heart.

Happy Mother's Day!

13 comments:

  1. I like the presentation, not complicating, looks very sweet and I'm sure it taste very sweet too :) Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She would know :)
    and what a pretty cake you have made! Great Job SSB! With more practice, I am sure you won't have to use sponge fingers to 'cover up' your cakes :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elyn! Yes, it's a very simple cake to make and tastes really good too. I still have extra sponge fingers, will think of what other cakes to make with them. :)

    Thanks HHB! I hope I can make a nice decorated cake in the future and not trying to cover them up! Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is so pretty! XD *clap* u are making me hungry~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. this is so pretty... u have done a great job SSB :) And you really shows great improvement in your baking journey.... :) Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Amanda and Ellena!

    Still have a lot to learn from you all. I have really enjoyed myself reading all the baking blogs and learning to bake. It shall be my life-long hobby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...you are good at decorating cakes...nice job. The cake looks great especially the peach slices looks so fresh and ahem * makes me salivates** :) She must be happy receiving the cake!

    Btw...I am glad you love baking...haha can learn lotz from you. (",)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elinluv, paiseh, I'm really not good at decorating cakes... Haha. Oh, the cake finished up quite fast and when she wanted a second piece, there was only 1 piece left! Oops! :P

    I'm learning a lot from you all too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi where can u get sponge fingers? can u email me at xiaogua_kelly@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a pretty cake. I really like the way your present the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Icookforfun, thank you so much for the nice comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi SSB, I'm AdeL, saw ur beautiful cake. Bake the same for my colleague birthday too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi AdeL, I hope your colleague likes the cake. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete