Sunday, May 25, 2008

Oreo Butter Cake

25 May 2008

Ah... I have been missing from baking and blogging for 2 weeks. Main reason is I'm recently addicted to reading food blogs and other personal blogs, poking into other people's life. Hehe... :P So often that I cut down on my time on searching for recipes, that's why no ideas for baking. Haha.


But still I need to use up the packets of oreo cookies expiring soon, an Oreo Butter Cake is an obvious choice. What I like about this recipe is that it uses very little butter compared to other cakes.


I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I used plain flour instead of cake flour cos I realized I have very little cake flour left. I replaced yogurt with milk. I also cut down the sugar by a lot. Might have affected the taste and texture from the original recipe. Luckily, the cake still came out very light and soft. Nice! :)

6 comments:

  1. HiSSB,

    Wow...nice oreo butter cake... I am sure it is nice...oreo in butter cake..hmmm have put it to my "a-do-list" coz hubby likes butter cake.

    Btw ,I did the Cream Cheese Bread finally :) I too find it hard to cut coz of its soft texture...but your slices looks better than me. How did you manage to cut it so neatly..Can teach? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there SSB, you have been tagged. Please check it out my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi elinluv, u sure mine looks better than yours? I thought mine looks quite bad as you can see all the uneven slicing. That 3 slices that were in the photo were probably the best among the worst. Haha! I guess you need a really good and long knife specially for cutting breads. I didn't use the proper knife so it is quite hard to slice bread properly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes SSB! i missed your posting! T.T this oreo cake looks light and healthy~ the color tone looks good! *drool*

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello:)
    Your buttercake looks good! Very prettily baked! :)
    Ha, i kind of failed my attempt, ahh :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for tagging me, Rei.

    Hi Amanda, ok, will try to bake more often, hehe... :)

    Thanks Zhengning. :)

    ReplyDelete