Monday, March 10, 2008

Cocoa Yogurt Cashew Nuts Cake

10 March 2008


I baked this Cocoa Yogurt Cashew Nuts Cake with some cashew nuts and remaining yogurt left from the precious yogurt cake. I followed the recipe from Happy Homebaker, but I substituted the instant coffee powder with cocoa powder instead.


I did not cover the cake pan with a layer of foil. Luckily the crumbles did not fall off very much from the cake when I turn the cake out. As described by HHB, it is indeed very very tasty. It really tasted almost like a cheesecake with the 3 layers of crumbles made out of digestive biscuits. My nephew and I were eating and nodding with satisfaction, though I find it a little sweet. I'm thinking the possibility of using oreo biscuits for the crumbles next time. It is really good and I encourage everyone to try this out!

9 comments:

  1. I see, you have replaced coffee with cocoa, good choice! I am sure it goes very well with the cashew nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy, bet it tasted yummier :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so pretty. I have never used cashews in sweets, I would like to try.
    Funny, when my husband and I are eating we nod our heads too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes HHB, it tastes great. Thanks for sharing a good recipe with us!

    Hi sweet-tooth and bunbun, you both should try this in future ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake looks really good! And now you've got me craving for cashewnut cake. yuMMy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously I have not tried cashew nuts cake before and this is something new I'd love to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ovenhaven and aimei!

    Go, go, try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhhhhhhh! i'm so linking up your blog! it's full of my favourite things!

    maybe ill attempt a mocha yogurt walnut cake? do you think it'll work with this recipe? :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jiaying, thanks for linking to my blog.

    Yes, I think it will taste good. In fact, the original recipe posted by Happy Homebaker uses walnut and coffee powder.

    ReplyDelete