3 June 2007
Pizza fresh from oven. Me and my mother made this together. Recipe taken from a book and slightly modified. I put on the 2nd lower rack of the oven. (ok, this is for my own reference :) )
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp instant yeast
200g plain flour, sifted
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil / corn oil
yellow bell pepper
1. Mix sugar, yeast and some water in a bowl and leave for 10 minutes or until it begins to bubble.
2. Sift flour and salt in a bowl. Add in yeast mixture, oil, and remaining water and knead until very smooth and elastic.
3. Put dough in a greased bowl, cover with damp towel. Leave to rise until it doubles in size (about 45min). Punch down, shape it into a ball and rest for 10 minutes.
4. Roll and pull gently into 3mm thick round shape. Place onto a greased pizza pan. Use fork to prick holes onto the dough.
5. Brush tomato puree onto the dough. Evenly put the topping ingredients over the dough.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C for about 15-20 minutes, until cooked and golden brown.