17 June 2007
These are my ugly egg tarts. Obviously, my skill is lacking. For the pastry, I should have left the dough in the fridge to make it easier to handle. Pastry can be made thinner and neater. For the custard, I waited too long for it to set. Take out from the oven when some of the tarts have already puff up into a ball. That's why the custard filling wrinkle when it's cooled. However, I didn't consider this as a lousy bake. :P Cos they taste really nice and delicious. A good recipe.
This recipe is also from the chinese baking book I bought at the book fair. Also refer to Aunty Yochana's version.
Ingredients (yielded 18 egg tarts)
60g icing sugar
180g plain flour
a pinch of salt
1. Beat butter till soften.
2. Add in icing sugar and beat till fluffy.
3. Add in egg and beat till white and fluffy.
4. Add in sifted flour and salt. Fold and knead with hand until dough is soft and smooth.
5. Roll and press dough into the tart moulds.
1. Heat until milk begins to boil.
2. Add in sugar and stir until sugar dissolves, remove from heat.
3. Whisk the eggs and add into the milk mixture, mix well.
4. Sift the mixture and pour into tart moulds.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven (2nd lower rack) at 180C for about 25 minutes.