My new found love of peanut butter chips! I am so glad that it is now commonly sold at supermarkets like Fairprice and Giant.
The original recipe is Death by Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies from Sally's baking addiction. I didn't do much of change except omitting the chocolate chips and using all peanut butter chips only. Please also do reduce the sugar as the original recipe is extremely sweet!
It's soft, dense and chewy type of chocolate cookies. Mine look a bit different from their version because I followed their recipe too exactly and fold in all the chips into the batter resulting in peanut butter chips hidden inside the cookies. If you want, you can put more chips on top of the cookie balls before baking so that they will appear more delicious!
Soft and chewy peanut butter chips chocolate cookies
Ingredients (I make 48 pieces, about 20g each)
75g unsalted butter, softened
50g castor sugar
150g light brown sugar (I reduced)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g dark/semi-sweet chocolate, chopped and melted
133g plain flour
21g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
200g peanut butter chips (original uses 180g semi-sweet chocolate chips and 180g peanut butter chips)
(can use all chocolate chips if preferred, can add or reduce if preferred, can top with extra chips if preferred)
1. Whisk butter until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in the sugars, the mixture will be granular.
2. Mix in the beaten eggs and vanilla extract until incorporated.
3. Add the melted chocolate in a steady stream and beat until combined.
4. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and fold in the mixture.
5. Fold in the peanut butter chips. Do not overmix.
6. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes. (I chilled overnight)
7. Measure dough into 20g each and roll into balls. (I use spoon to scoop instead of rolling as the dough turns soft fast)
8. Bake at 175 deg C for 10 minutes or until the cookies have just begun to set with the centers still appearing very soft. They will firm up as they cool.
9. Remove from oven. Leave the cookies to cool on baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to rack.
(This is a soft and chewy cookies. If u prefer crispier cookies, leave the cookies in the tray for a longer time.)