18 November 2007
Bake this Mocha Light Cheesecake on an early Sunday morning. I got this recipe from a Chinese Cheesecake book, can't remember the title. This is quite similar to the Japanese Cheesecake that I had made before. The top of the cake crack quite badly this time. Hm... any idea why? Is it because the temperature is too high or too little water in the water bath? I notice that it is almost dry up when I finish baking. Another story about egg whites. Again! It's easier to beat the egg whites this time after I clean the mixer thoroughly. So it must be because of the grease.
This Mocha Light Cheesecake is for 2 of my best friends. This is the first time they try my bake. I hope it's up to standard. 3 of us finish the whole cake. So I guess should be not too bad lah. :)
Recipe for Mocha Light Cheesecake (7 inch round)
70g softened cream cheese
20g softened butter
25g fresh milk
2 egg yolks
50g cake flour
1 tsp instant coffee powder
½ tsp coffee paste (I don't have this)
3 egg whites
50g caster sugar
½ tsp cream of tartar
1. Double-boil A until melted. Remove from heat, add egg yolks one at a time and mix well. Add in cake flour, instant coffee, coffee paste and mix well.
2. Put C into a clean mixing bowl and beat until white and stiff.
3. Mix 1/3 of egg white mixture with cream cheese mixture until well combined. Add in the remaining egg white mixture and mix well.
4. Wrap bottom of a 7 inch/17.5cm ring pan with greaseproof paper and place onto a baking tray filled with water to prevent cake from drying out.
5. Pour batter onto the pan and bake at 170C for 25 minutes.
6. Remove cake from ring pan immediately and leave to cool on rack.