Sunday, July 20, 2008

Playing with sushi

I know nothing about making sushi and I have never thought of making it too.

It happens that my mother is making sushi today and there are some leftover sushi rice. So I thought why not try it. An impromptu decision and without any knowledge or any ingredients, I just jump in for the fun of playing around with sushi.


You know what's the quickest way to learn how to make a Tamago Sushi? Search the YouTube! I type in "Tamago Sushi" and several videos are found and I just learn how to make the japanese type of omelette from there.

It's neither nice-looking nor delicious (cos I don't even have some of the ingredients), but it's just for fun! :)

8 comments:

  1. Not bad for someone who has never tried doing sushi.Great job!! Wow..to eat with wasabi...mmmmm would be nice. I would love to try making susuhi make one of these days.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words. Haha! Hey, I think u must be someone who can make great sushi. Looking forward to see that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ssb, I also made sushi a few days ago. But I made sushi rolls and it was yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi foodsafari, your sushi sure looks great. Now I know how to make a sushi inside out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! i love sushi~ <3 Sushi is indeed very fun to make! though it is the preparation time that can be kind of long and draggy :P but i still love making my own sushi *wink* and i must say... yr tamago looks really good! :D now i have the urge to do it for dinner!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Amanda, for the encouragement... haha! I've never done this before, perhaps it's time to learn sushi-making. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice sushi and nice egg roll. I even bought a pan to make the egg roll, and after a while, i just use the normal round pan. Making sushi is fun but time consuming. I always spent almost an hour, rolling, wrapping and after that, the sushi get eaten up within 15 minutes. Then come another tiring part, the wash up. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sherlyn, thanks! I don't think I have the patience to make sushi. It's more convenient to buy. Haha... And like u, I hate the washing part. I can spend hours baking but hate to spend minutes to wash up the dirty bowls. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete