24 February 2008
It has been 3 weeks since I last baked. I think it is better to stay away from these sweet stuffs as we have already been eating so much CNY goodies.
I bake a Yogurt Chocolate Cake from 爱上低糖甜品. The original recipe uses a loaf pan. But since I do not have one, I baked it in a 6 inch cake tin. However, I seemed to have overlooked the fact the I had halved the recipe and should not bake it for 30 minutes. The cake was slightly overbaked and it turned out to be quite dense instead of soft and fluffy like other yogurt cakes. I wonder if I got it correct.
Instead of using chopped chocolate, I added chocolate rice in and that resulted in a very ugly looking cake. I guess chocolate rice is not suitable for baking. :P
Ok, this gives me the first experience of baking a yogurt cake. I'm going to try more yogurt cakes in future. :)
Yogurt Chocolate Cake
(Original recipe from 爱上低糖甜品)
Ingredients (bake in a loaf pan)
100g margarine (I use butter instead of margarine)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
280g superfine flour (I use cake flour)
150g bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1. Beat butter, margarine, salt and sugar together until fluffy.
2. Add 1 egg at a time. Mix well in between additions.
3. Fold in sifted flour and baking powder.
4. Pour in yogurt and mix well. Add finely chopped chocolate.
5. Spoon the batter into cake tin. Bake at 180C for 30-35 minutes.