Nutella Swirl Cupcakes are not new. I baked them long time ago in 2007 when I just started baking. At that time there weren't many baking blogs to follow. Precious Moments was one of them. This is a really easy recipe suitable for beginners and even children.
I grabbed the 1-for-1 Nutella promotion from NTUC fairprice during CNY, 2x1kg bottles at only $9.80! Now I have a task of 'clearing' it. Actually not much a problem as I can eat bread with Nutella everyday! Can spread more generously!
Edith reposted the recipe in her new blog and after looking at it, I was so anxious to try it again after so many years. The swirls were done by my niece. The cupcakes were finished up by them very quickly. A good recipe if you need to bake something quick.
Nutella Swirl Cupcakes
140g butter, softened
100g white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
200g plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1. Cream together butter and sugar until light, 2 minutes.
2. Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated.
3. Add vanilla.
4. Sift together plain flour, salt and baking powder and fold in until batter is uniform and no flour remains.
5. Fill each muffin liner with batter to 80% full.
6. Top each cupcake with 1 tsp Nutella. Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the nutella.
7. Bake at 180 deg C for 15-20 minutes.
Recipe from: Rumbling Tummy