Aspiring Bakers #23: Desserts on a plate (September 2012) closing date has been extended to 7 October 2012.
As everyone is busy with mooncakes and exams and this month's theme is also more challenging, Swee San and I have agreed to extend the event for another 7 days.
If you don't know or not sure about what plated dessert is, the rule is to make a main dessert with at least 2 other components (except for garnishes like cut fruits and snow powder, etc).
Some of the suggestions by Swee San are:
- panna cotta with berry coulis and almond tuile
- chocolate molten lava cake with homemade vanilla ice cream and hazelnut brittle
- wine poached pear with caramelized nuts and dark chocolate sauce
- pavlova with whipped lavender cream and poached strawberries
- pandan chiffon with coconut sago and black sesame tuile
- sticky date pudding with honey ginger ice cream and salted caramel sauce
- mango sorbet with coconut tapioca soup and cake stick
If you have great ideas on plating a dessert, do participate and share with us. Look forward to all your entries.
Lastly, the new theme will be announced on 1 October as usual.
Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!