Saturday, October 27, 2012

Massive baking order

I just completed my first large baking order last week. It was quite a good experience. I put my maths to good use, preparing and calculating the amount of ingredients and packaging material that I need. Then buying the ingredients, including loads of flour, sugar, butter and eggs. I think I used 100 eggs at least. The egg seller seems to be very happy. Hehe! :)

The most stressful part would be baking within a short time. I took 1 day to prepare the egg tart dough. 2 days of actual baking. As my oven and mixer is small, I had to do several batches and in-between washing and drying took up some time. I was a little late in delivering the orders and luckily the buyer was very understanding. I received very good reviews and hopefully they are happy with my bakes.

Here's what I had baked. I got a huge sense of satisfaction after completing everything! :)

210 mini chocolate chips muffins



119 chiffon cupcakes - cranberry and banana


145 egg tarts



20 comments:

  1. Wow! That's an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wen! I have never baked so much. My egg tarts moulding skill definitely improved. ;)

      Delete
  2. Clap, clap , clap !

    At last , you did it on time !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might wanna take a look at this http://www.qoo10.sg/GMKT.INC/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=406472987&sid=444

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your success! Congratulations, everything looks so pretty and yummy! You are very skilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 哇。。。好厉害哦!佩服佩服!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 谢谢!当时接下订单时,不知道得做这么多得,还好顺利完成!:)

      Delete
  6. congratulations! wow! that is a LOT of food! was it for a party?
    baking large quantities is pretty fun ^^" although a bit stressful =p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was for a school event. Yes, it was fun! I have so much practice, so I know I can do it again and better next time!

      Delete
  7. wah... tats ALOT SSB!!! i can imagine how tiring it is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really tiring. Just need to plan the time better. The more tedious part is washing after each batch. And the tart crust also very time-consuming. Or maybe me too slow lah. :)

      Delete
  8. Hi SSB, good venture and congrats.. the most important part is the customer must be happy and all the hard work is worth it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, did you bake them single-handedly without any help from family members? It's really amazing, I take my hat off! I wish I have the luxury of time. I can't bake a cake without being interrupted constantly by either my baby crying or my son doing something naughty like feeding a banana to the baby. :S

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, not easy at all! i will faint if you ask me to do all these :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious food blog! I've found lots of yummy recipes here..feeling quite hungry now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brava!! Yeah! Need math to prepare the ingredients! You did well!!
    How I wish I can eat your bake one of these days and learn a few tips from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. SSB, I am impressed! Good job and congrats for getting such a massive order. You probably need some rest now:D

    ReplyDelete