Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Happy Rabbit Year!


Red packet. Hong Bao. Ang Pao. 红包.
In Singapore, red packets are given to children and the unmarried by the married. I have reached the age when it is awkward to receive hongbaos. But I still gladly receive them from my parents and siblings every year. What do you do with your hongbaos? I used to take out the money after the 15th day and return the empty red packets to my mother for collection (see below). These few years, I keep the hongbaos with the money intact for at least a year. For good luck and wealth, I hope. :)

These are my mother's hongbao collection. She did not buy a single one. All are given from promotions and those empty red packets which we return to her.

These are from Hay Dairies. We drink this goat milk for many years already.


From the banks.


See the very old POSB hongbao?



From the shops.



All the 福.


And more.



The old ones. See the smallest red packet on the bottom?



Here's wishing everyone a happy and prosperous Rabbit Year!

恭祝大家:兔飞猛进,兔气扬眉,兔然好运,兔然发财,兔年吉祥!