Thursday, January 14, 2010
Nigella Lawson's Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Muffins. It seems ridiculous to claim that this is the best recipe I have tried in 2010. Afterall, it's only my very first bake in year 2010. But definitely, it must be one of the best. Make sure you add one full cup of chocolate chips and it will taste like heaven.
Nigella's Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Muffins
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp best quality cocoa powder
175g caster sugar
150g chocolate chips (save 1/4 of the chips for sprinkling)
90ml vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 200 deg C.
2. Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and 3/4 of the chocolate chips into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug and mix well.
4. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together with slow and gentle strokes. Stop stirring once the last traces of flour disappear. Do not overmix. A lumpy batter will ensure the muffins stay moist and fluffy.
5. Spoon the batter into paper muffin cases.
6. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 chocolate chips on top and bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.
Recipe from: Foodnetwork.com