So long never bake! I'm craving for a homemade cake. Here's a good Hershey's cocoa chiffon cake!
Have a slice!
Sharing the recipe here. It's a very simple chocolate chiffon cake recipe which uses only cocoa powder for the chocolate flavour. I always go for simple recipe which saves time. There's no need to melt chocolate and wash extra utensils. It also serves as a basic recipe which you can add extra for more variations. The taste is also good too. Remember to use good quality cocoa powder!
Hershey's Cocoa Chiffon Cake
Ingredients: (17cm chiffon tin)
3 egg yolks
20g caster sugar
60ml water (or milk)
45g cake flour
30g Hershey's cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 egg whites (or 5 egg whites if prefer taller and fluffier cake)
50g caster sugar
1. Whisk egg yolks and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
2. Gradually add in vegetable oil, followed by water/milk.
3. Sift cake flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together. Add into batter. Mix until just combined. Set aside.
4. In another clean bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy. Add in sugar gradually and continue whisking until near stiff peak.
5. Gently fold in the egg white into the egg yolk batter (in step 3) in 3 batches.
6. Pour the batter into an ungreased chiffon tin. Give the tin a few slight knocks on the tabletop to remove air bubbles. Bake in preheated oven at 170 deg C for 35 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and invert the tin immediately onto a cooling rack.
8. Unmould the cake only when it is completely cool.
Adapted from: 好吃戚风蛋糕轻松上手