Btw, just a clarification, this is NOT a competition and there will be NO winners or prizes. It's just a platform for us to share our bakes and recipes. And an extra motivation to bake and challenge. :)
Here are the lovely bakes submitted for this month's theme - Chiffon Cakes, listed in the order of the date of submission.
Lastly, Jennifer, who does not own any blog (yet), has kindly share with us her favourite Banana Chiffon Cake recipe. I will help her to post it up here.
Banana Chiffon Cake
Oven Temperature : 180 degree C.
Tin : 21" Chiffon tin
Baking Time : 45-55min
Position : medium lower rack of the oven
70g Egg Yolk ( from abt 4nos of eggs weighing 70g w/shell )
70g Salad Oil ( can reduce to 50g )
90g Mashed banana*
90g Cake Flour ( sift once. Note: i used the Japanese Flour with enclosed picture )
100-140g Diced banana*
* Note : used very riped banana as it will give the cake its flavour
180g Egg white ( from abt 5nos of eggs )
90g Icing Sugar
10g Corn Flour ( sift with icing sugar once )
1. Put egg yolk, salad oil, water and mashed banana in a bowl to mix then add cake flour and mix the batter well
2. Add diced banana to the batter and mix well
3. In the mixer/ separate mixing bowl, beat the egg white till foamy, then add icing sugar + corn flour slowly to the meringue while beating. Continue to beat till stiff peak forms.
4. Mix one third of the meringue to the batter and mix well. Then pour the rest of the meringue to the batter and delicately fold the meringue to the batter till well mixed with a spatula.
5. Pour mixture into the chiffon mould. Give it a few knocks but dropping the tin on the table to release air the send it to the oven immediately.
6. When the cake is baked, remove from oven and overturn the tin to cool.
7. Only remove the cake from the tin when it is fully cool to avoid cake from sinking.
If I have accidentally omitted any entries that you had submitted, please leave a comment here, I will update them asap.
I'm sure you are very eager to know the theme for this month. Here it is! :)
Aspiring Bakers #2: Christmas! (Dec 2010)
This month's event will be hosted by Jane of Passionate About Baking.
Just Bake/Roast/Grill/Cook any Christmas related food.
The closing date is: 26 Dec 2010.
All entries will be compiled and posted by 28 Dec 2010.
Hop over to her blog for the details on how to participate.
Lastly, some reminders to those who want to submit your bake:
1. Please submit your entry according to the month of that challenge. For example, if it is December 2010's challenge, then only those blog posts in December 2010 are accepted. Don't send any Christmas food that were made in 2009 or Nov 2010.
2. You must mention in your post that you are submitting to "Aspiring Bakers" and provide a link to the blog of the host of the month, or else the entry will not be accepted.
3. Please send an email to the host to submit your entry. Just putting a link in your posts is not enough. If you submit more than 1 entry, you have to send email for each and every entry. This is to ensure we have received your entry. You know sometimes, we might be too busy to follow so many blogs.
4. Please attach 1 photo only for each entry.
5. Please put "Aspiring Bakers" as your email subject, just in case they land in the spam folder and got accidentally deleted.
Have fun baking and cooking for Christmas and don't forget to share with us on your blog.